Better sleep through proper mattress care tips
The mattress hygiene routine will help you and your families have a good night’s sleep.
So many people think that the mattress is never dirty if it got covered by drape bedding protection. If you wanted to live clean, just wash the drape and replace it regularly. But it’s really bedding sheets to absorb odors and stains easily.
If you have children or pets then it is even harder to keep your mattress clean. So, to keep clean mattress nice and fresh is one thing you can do to help you and your family have a good night’s sleep.
Let’s check out tips to clean your king size mattress extremely quickly with the following:
– Preparation: Water, baking soda, vacuum cleaner, soap.
1. Mix one part baking soda and two parts cold water in a large bowl to make a solution. Apply it on the area and let it sit for 30 minutes. Baking soda solution will help clean the smell of sweat and dust stains.
2. Use a vacuum cleaner to dry baking soda solution and pick up dust off the mattress.
3. For vacuums that can’t lift up dust from mattresses with indents, then just flip the mattress over and hit the mattress lightly with a stick. The dust from these indents should be removed easily.
4. With smudges or stains on mattress, you should dip a towel in less diluted soapy water, scrub the surface, then dry in the sun or dry ventilated area.
5. With thin foam mattress, you can just take it to outdoor a hit it then the dust should come out of the queen size mattress.
6. With thick mattress sizes, you need clean more thoroughly:
– Put a big towel or bed sheets in clean water and then squeeze out the water.
– Take that wet wrung towel or bed sheet and place it on the mattress and hit the mattress with a stick. Dust flying up from the mattress will be sucked into the towel or wet sheet, cleaning your mattress. If you did that one time and it’s still not completely clean, you can do this 1-2 more times the same way. Dry in the sun or dry ventilated area.
7. When the stain is blood or urine, you can clean it with a solution of hydrogen peroxide. Dry outdoors or by using a vacuum cleaner, hand dryer or fan.
– Along with the weekly mattress cleaning, you should also replace the bed sheets and keep an airy bedroom.
– Always place the mattress on a flat surface to avoid damage.
– Flipping the mattress often from top to bottom as well as switching the foot and the head will ensure your mattress has a long life.
– Always keep the mattress in a dry condition, if the mattress is wet it must be handled immediately to prevent mold.
– There should be a fixed schedule for vacuuming the mattress.